Hiring our boats
Enjoy a day on the canal with you friends, family or work colleagues.
Ideal for family days out, friends reunions, birthdays, anniversaries, work outings, etc.
Our boats are available to hire all year round for daily hire and from the beginning of April until the end of August for evening hire with no previous experience necessary.
It’s easy to book our boats, just follow these instructions to check all the details online or, if you prefer, just call Lucien on 01257 480 825 who will be happy to go through everything with you.
Follow these easy steps to start your booking for a smooth planned trip:
- Find out more About our boats;
- See if you can benefit from any of our Special offers as detailed;
- View our current Prices;
- See what our Latest return times are for evening hire or daily hire extensions;
- Check Availability of your required date for each of our boats;
- On the Availability & Reservations page make a reservation following the given instructions;
- Once you have made your reservation our system will automatically make it unavailable for anyone else to book until we have telephoned you to confirm. (Please note – If you require more than one boat for a larger group you will need to make separate reservations);
- To confirm a booking we would need 50% of the total amount paid, we will telephone you to arrange this;
- Payment can be made by debit or credit card (Excl American Express) over the phone, bank transfer or by cash in person at our office;
- Once we have the 50% deposit we would prefer to send your booking confirmation by email but you could request it be sent in the post or of course collect in person. Please note that cheques are no longer accepted as a form of payment;
- For those of you that like to plan ahead or for larger groups it is advisable to book ahead at any of the venues along the way, details of these can be viewed on our Route guide which can also be printed off before your trip although these are displayed on the boats;
- If it is of interest and instead of preparing your own food, we can organize this for you in advance from Katy’s Kitchen. Please visit our Food page to find out more. Please note that we do need notice to oganize this and, although we’ll try, maybe not be able to provide food at short notice.
- Are you planning a celebration? A birthday, anniversary or just like cake?!! We are pleased to be able to offer you cakes from The Blackrod Cake company. Please visit our Cake page to find out more. Please note that we do need notice to oganize this and, although we’ll try, maybe not be able to provide cakes at short notice.
- It would be very much appreciated if you could arrive on time following directions on your booking confirmation or viewing a map here;
- When you arrive on the day we will need the remaining balance and the returnable security deposit to be paid before departure;
- After a full safety brief and handling instructions from our experienced boat handlers where we will offer to come out with you until you are confident with the boat(s) for your and our peace of mind;
- And finally…..ENJOY AN EXPERIENCE YOU WON’T FORGET!!!
- Don’t forget to share your experience with others either on Tripadvisor, Facebook, Twitter or by writing a review on our web site.
Try an experience you won’t forget!!